Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A Toast

April 14th, 2010: I made my first epic adult decision-

I'm moving to L.A.

And then it was like a domino effect:

I will find a job as an assistant in the entertainment industry.
I will live in Burbank, not L.A. (I will keep my sanity).
I will get a car (thank you mom and dad, i love you).
I will still write every day, here, my new short story, or on my hand.
I will embrace all people and experiences that grace my life. (I thank you all now in advance)
I will get my Master's (maybe non-fiction next time...)
I will keep in touch, as I've always done. (Friends are a essential lifeline)
I will yoga.
I will cook.
I will take pictures, and learn to develop them myself.
I will travel-near and far.
I will rule the world (that's for you batey)
I will evolve.

And eventually, "I will"... becomes... "I did."
And then we do it again: new list, new wills.
Change comes in oddly beautiful waves.

Cheers to that April 14th, 2010.

0 comments:

Post a Comment